Thursday, January 29, 2009

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!


Not long ago, I received my statement on both of my IRAs, and just like everyone else, I was sickened by how much money I lost. To date, I have lost about $10,000 in the past year. Now I realize that others have lost more than that or all of their savings and are far worse than me. However, my quiet commiserating becomes choked when I read about executives getting big bonuses with the federal bailout money that we, the taxpayers, have extended to them. Yes, this is old news, but it should not be allowed to be shelved and forgotten.

The New York Times has an article on the bonuses that some Wall Street execs received.

Then, we have Mr. Madoff. Doesn't this make you mad? If I tried to pull off something even close to this, St. Louis County Police would be on my doorstep in no time with those lovely fashionable bracelets they like to give all criminals.

Corporate greed has always been around - but stealing from hard-working people who are just trying to get by day after day just isn't right. I'll be 47 this spring and my job prospects are pretty slim. The odds of my earning back that lost $10,000 are not good. If the government can make some of these companies and executives pay back some of this money, great. Make my check payable to me for $10,000.

No comments: