Wednesday, November 09, 2016

This Election

I won't lie.

I'm completely and totally numb.

Graveyards must be rumbling with deceased presidents spinning in their graves. John Adams must be screaming now. Thank God my parents aren't alive to see this.

I've always considered myself smack in the center of political philosophies. I'm conservative on some issues and liberal on others.

Now what do we do? Our 45th President is an orange-faced orangutan. I hate to believe that my neighbors voted based on fear. Both parties were guilty of playing the End-of-the-World card, but why did we fall for it?

Well, the damage has been done. Stock markets are crashing. My pitiful retirement fund that Macy's started to build for me is gone. Again. The Republican Party has retained control of the Senate and the House and will continue to play games with our lives. Welcome to the new world order, folks.

However, does this have to be our future? I've written here before about working together to solve our own problems. Sadly, some of my audience took that to be a "woe is me" session rather than an opportunity to put ideas together and think of solutions.

WE are the people. Trump and Pence do not represent me. Nor do they want to represent me.

Please, God, Bless our country.


No comments: